Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any Tips for Surviving Living with Parent?

My mom and I do not get along at all. I've been planning what to do when I move out since I was 10. But it's getting worse since I've been getting older. Emancipation isn't an option, so any tips for surviving the next 2 years?Any Tips for Surviving Living with Parent?
I don't know what your mother does... I can only refer to mine. Nevertheless, I think, I know what you feel like...


In my case I had to try to not listen. Listening only lead to more hurt. Don't listen. Don't answer. And doing something that shows you, you can do things is a good way, too.


Stay away from strange people, unsafe places and unhealthy thoughts. Throw bottles against walls to get rid from hate and anger. And do sports to route that energy where it doesn't hurt anybody, you included.


And watch out for the others - heavy sarcasm with people who understand helps a whole lot.


Believe me, the last two years you will make it alive - imagine how you'll never answer the phone when she will be lonely once you're gone - and believe me, she will be ;)


You can do that - you wanna win, don't you?! :)Any Tips for Surviving Living with Parent?
Do what you can to keep peace in the house and contribute what you're expected to as long as it's within reason.





It may not be a lot of fun but you can get along if you treat it a little like business (your mom may have to have the same philosophy). In the long run, you'll be better prepared for life in the workplace if you can make it through this adversity. You'll always have coworkers or bosses that rub you the wrong way, and some of them may actually take pleasure in trying to make your life miserable. If you can deal with that, you'll have the opportunity to go farther, or at least reduce stress.
It's difficult to answer this question without knowing you and your mom, and especially what's making your relationship so difficult.





It's easy to say everyone has tensions with their mother and that it usually gets better with time, but of course I don't know your situation so I could just be assuming the best. Elaborate on this question and we may be able to provide you with more help.
I've been in the same boat. Now I only have to wait 110 days. Almost there!





Getting a job is vital. It gets you out of the house, and it gets you money so you can move out once you're 18.





Try to avoid conflict, I know how hard it can be but it helps.





Try keeping a positive attitude. Time flies by fast and you'll be out of there sooner than you think.





And when all else fails kill her with kindness. It sucks, but it pisses them off...





Best of luck to you!
if there are things that you do that set her off, then avoid that. Get a job if you can, keep yourself busy, keep your school work up... maybe join a club or organization that makes you feel like someone needs you around - volunteer work is great too. If you have a nice church or senior center around, they usually have work you can do too.





It makes you feel better about your own situations when you can help others that feel down about their own lives.





Save your money for moving out!





good luck
How about your dad or any other relative who might take you in for the next years till you are legally an adult.As for you and your mum,maybe counseling or make some compromises the BOTH of you....I quess for your mum its stressy too,you are not the only one who suffers,im sure
Keep busy with things that will benefit you in the future.Try and ignore as best you can the family politics and be civilized so as no to cause arguments you can then be blamed for! good luck.
Move in with a grandparent or something. That's what I did! :]





If she's anything like my mom, there is no pleasing her. Don't do drugs? She's not happy. Get good grades? Still not happy. Just got to deal with it.
Get a job and don't get high or drunk and focus on your studies so you're busy and can avoid confrontations
ya, keep your mouth shut and behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment