Saturday, July 31, 2010

If a baby is born in Canada and one of its parents is American will that parent get Canadian citizenship?

My girlfriend in Canada is pregnant, and I would like to move to Canada to support her but obviously I cannot be much help if I can't work. I'm an American citizen. Will I have any entitlement to Canadian citizenship because my child will be born in Canada?If a baby is born in Canada and one of its parents is American will that parent get Canadian citizenship?
No. Your child will not help you get citizenship and entitles you to nothing. If you intend to marry her, then you have options.If a baby is born in Canada and one of its parents is American will that parent get Canadian citizenship?
Does USA grant foreigners automatic citizenship when they have a baby born in USA? No of course not - I am not an American, and even I know that.





So you have to MARRY your g/f to get any RIGHTS in this country. Your wife can then sponsor you, but she MUST have a job. so you can stay and look after the baby. (sounds good to me). You will not be allowed to work, and she must support you. And it will take many months - I have heard between 12 to 18 months - to get approved (this is for inside application).





If you want to work, then you must stay in USA while she sponsors you. Again she must have a job and she must take of the baby on her own. But you should be approved within 6 to 9 months (outside application) as long as you do not have any criminal convictions or terrorist connections.





http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/s鈥?/a>
By getting married you can start the process to obtain the Canadian citizenship, but not by being parent of a Canadian. In fact, this is true for all countries. What would happen if by having an American baby you could get the American citizenship? Then there would be no illegal aliens in the US.
NO...
No, you don't get citizenship through your children.
I think she can sponsor you if you plan to marry her.
  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment