Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can I open a student checking account at the age of 16 without a parent there with me?

I live in Virginia and I work.Can I open a student checking account at the age of 16 without a parent there with me?
I DON'T THINK SO BECAUSE AT 16 YOU CAN'T SIGN A CONTRACT.








YESTERDAY I GOT THE CHASE HIGH SCHOOL CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR THOSE 13-17. IT IS LINKED TO A PARENTS ACCOUNT. MY PACKAGE COMES WITH A VISA CHECK CARD. THERE ARE NO SERVICE FEES. ALL THE RULES APPLY WITH THIS ACCOUNT EXCEPT IF YOU OVERDRAFT IT IS TAKEN FROM YOUR PARENTS. SO BE CAREFUL. IT CONVERTS TO A FREE CHECKING ACCOUNT WHEN YOU TURN 19.





http://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_na鈥?/a>Can I open a student checking account at the age of 16 without a parent there with me?
Unless you fall within one of the legal exceptions or if you have a legal guardian who is not a parent, you'll probably need to have a parent there with you. That's because a minor cannot enter into a legally binding contract. So, a bank would insist that an adult (who can enter into a legally binding contract) is there with you.
Yes, provided is it not a requirement by the bank of your choice.
Here in Malta I could do it yeah..I dunno there.

No comments:

Post a Comment