Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can a fellow parent recommend a vehicle?

For four adults AND an infant carrier/car seat, that's great on gas? Something the size of a Nissan Altima or bigger.





We're driving about 6 hours (says Y! Maps, but with a baby its going to be longer!) to Atlanta, so it needs to be really comfortable too! Mom and I are hoping its going to be just us and Jamie (who will be... 5 months then) but worse case scenario its all four of us.Can a fellow parent recommend a vehicle?
I'm not too sure about the great on gas part, but I would never drive another car again after driving my Honda Odyssey. (minivan)Can a fellow parent recommend a vehicle?
Get a mini-van.





The Kia.. Somethingorother. Sorento maybe? Not positive.. But I know it exists. Anyway, it got great crash test reviews.





The Hyundai Entourage also got good reviews, but I think it's also better looking than the Kia





Especially if that picture of the baby is a new baby, then a mini-van is a good idea. Lots of stuff will be going in there, strollers and whatever, and who knows, maybe there'll be more kids too.





I'm not really a parent, but I know what i'm talking about :]
i have driven my bosses vehicles for work with their children. here is my experience. in my experience i have driven, a Honda Oddesy (van) Lexus something or other (suv) and a subaru outback (hybrid car) , also my own vehicle is a 4 dr honda civic (which i have transported children easily.)


honda oddesy- lots of space, easy to load/unload children and car seats tons of space for adults. i am tall and sometimes find vehicles 'squishy' but this one had lots of space. i think out of all my experience this was the best vehicle.





lexus suv- not worth the money the family paid for it for sure. i didn't like the space, or how it drove. it was not my choice for what to drive for sure.





the subaru outback- it's great on gas, it's not for anyone who wants to 'look cool' as it is basically a station wagon. it would be a little more squishy if 4 adults and a baby were to all go to one place, but it is do-able.





my car- honda civic- i like how it drives etc. it would be a little tight with 4 adults and a baby again. although i'm thinking any car would be. you are definately better off in a van.





my overall recomendation is a Honda oddesy. it was wonderful to drive and would have plenty of space for many adults and children
kia sephia


thats what i drive


diegos car seat is in the middle in the back, room enough for 2 more people in the back and passenger in the from and the driver.





i barely ever have to get gas, i dont know exactly how many miles per gallon it gets but its alot as its a 4-cylinder





the car drives smooth and if you have cloth seats in it, its very comfortable.





i love it
I would get an SUV...such as a Chevrolet Equinox or Honda Pilot. If you get a 5 passenger sedan, you are going to be squished. I suggest a larger SUV so you have better room. Or even maybe a van, such as a Honda Oddysey.
';carry me caravan take me away, take me to Portugal take me to spain ';








What about a dodge minivan or caravan??








** I have a nissan altima 2005....The back seat would be Very cramped for that long of a trip.
An Altima is a small Sedan... not good for a trip. My fav vehicle to drive with two kids is a Nissan Armada. It is big but it is comfty, and you can fit everything in it.
to rent or buy?





I like SUV's for long drives, though they aren't too great on gas. Honda pilot is a great one, and three rows of seats, so plenty of room.
four adults and an infant seat fits fine in our jeep grand cherokee laredo. i love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment