Saturday, August 21, 2010

What decision have you made as a parent that you regret?

It can be anything. It doesn't have you relate to your kids, and it doesn't have to have had a negative consequence on anybodies life. Just what is one decision, you have made as a parent that you regret?





I regret starting my children in school at age 4. If I were given the opportunity again, I would have waited another year. I feel the idea of my 7 year old going into 3rd grade, and my 6 year old going into 2nd grade a little daunting.What decision have you made as a parent that you regret?
I think I was a little too overprotective of our son. He had Kawasaki disease as a toddler and was very ill. We spent months in the hospital with him - and when we finally came home I was so worried something would happen to him that I didn't take him out as much as I did with our daughter. I could have taken him out more and I regret that we didn't share a lot of the fun that we could have. We had fun at home - but he's such a curious kid that I know he would have loved going out much more.What decision have you made as a parent that you regret?
I wasn't there for the pregnancy, ( i didnt know if it was mine or not) and I kept saying how I wouldnt be there and I'd move to Canada and blah blah, and even though its been opposite, like I've stepped up and shes not even in the picture, i still regret saying those things. I also occasionally let a cuss word or two slip out...whoops.
LOL Diana..ahh, the little things we regret. It reminds of the time I let my kids open their christmas stockings before my husband and I got out of bed. CHOCOLATE AND JELLYBEAN BARF!!!They just don`t know when to stop.%26lt;Shrugging%26gt;You give privileges you think they can handle, than you have to take them away.
Getting my 3 youngest (5, 6 and 7) that basketball down from the top shelf in the shed this morning.


They've been playing with it, bouncing it in the driveway all. day. long.


Usually they get bored and do something else after a while, but I guess they really want to play basketball today.
I was on some medication for a year for migraines and it made me ultra paranoid. I regret taking it. I was so over the top protective and paranoid that entire year. Even the teachers noticed it.
What I do regret most actually did have a very bad effect. But aside from that one I do regret stopping work a bit. Not always, not often, but sometimes I regret it.
Being naive, and entirely too trusting.


Cannot elaborate here.


Expect one of my famous long-winded emails soon.





xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.
I started my family at 33, but it took a year to start concieving, I wish I had started earlier.
I regret not having a back up plan because now since my husband past away a little while ago we are very low on money...so i guess being more prepared with my children and our money.
Not nursing my oldest longer, it was to 12 months but I wonder if he would not have asthma or all the allergies he has now if I had.
I regret i should have worked harder %26amp; study harder, then i should be in a better place than now
I regret buying a 3 bedroom house....I need a bigger one now that the family is growing.
Having my kids to young... dont get me wrong i love them but everythings a struggle
Sending my child to school. We pulled her out when she was ten and a classmate tried to kill her.





All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment