Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it okay for a step child to disrespect the step-parent?

After all, that person is not your own blood right? So who is she/he to tell you what to do?Is it okay for a step child to disrespect the step-parent?
NO, be above it,





If your step parent is bothering you, stay away from him or her, to make and keep peace in the family,eventually, you will have a family of your own and this won't matter at all.





IF you are a step parent, STOP THE CRAP AND GROW UP


Back off the kid,





MIs it okay for a step child to disrespect the step-parent?
NO--- I AM A STEP PARENT RAISING A STEP CHILD. THERE HAS TO BE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF RESPECT ON BOTH SIDES TO MAKE IT WORK....AND WHAT OF YOUR PARENT THAT IS WITH YOUR STEP PARENT...SHOULDN'T YOU AND YOUR STEP PARENT TR4Y TO GET ALONG FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR BLOOD PARENT???? MY SUGGESTION IS STOP THINKING ONLY OF YOURSELF !!!!!
Your child should should respect ALL adults not just their bio parents. My half bro got his but chewed out by our mamma any time he was fool enough to smart off to my daddy.
I'm a step parent. And i deserve as much respect as any one in their lives. Regardless if i'm blood related. It's not blood that brought us together, it's love.





Step parents are extreamly special people, there aren't many in this world who are nice, and want step kids for the simple fact that it's a whole case of bagage that not everyone can handle.





And by your thoughts, wouldn't that mean you are also disrespectful to teachers, strangers in public and any others who tell you to behave.





He or She is the person your mother or father decieded to bring in to your lifes because they felt that you would benifit from them being around. That the person can enrich your life as much as you can enrich theirs.
no it is not okay for the step child to be desrespectful to the stepparent...and if you live in their house..you respect them..no if ands or buts...if you dont like it..go live with your other parent...
Is not okay for the child to disrespect the new parent, To begin the new parent is now part of the family, the parent deserve respect just by the fact that he is a person..
no, it is not right. the step parent is a person of authority. he/she married one of your parents, when you r married with someone they become partners (for life sopposedly).





he/she is not your real parent, but she does have a say in what you do or not do over her house.
I'm a step parent, and I'm just as involved in my step son's life, if not moreso, than his biomom. I help with afterschool care, go to all the games (mom does not), buy gifts, cook meals, and help with homework. I believe that I deserve respect. It's not about blood; it's about love. I love my stepson, and I believe my actions show it.





It's never okay to disrespect anyone, no matter their relation or lack of relation to you. I don't disrespect my stepson, and he does not disrespect me.





If you are having problems with a step parent, maybe you need to make an effort to resolve it. Take stock in what she truly does for you and how much concern she shows for your wellbeing. You might find that if your honest with yourself, your step parent is not getting enough credit after all.
the parent not the spouse should reprimand the child.
No more than they have the right to behave badly towards their actual parent. Unless, of course, you treat them any differently to a child of your own, in which case what goes around comes around.





I treat my children and my step-children equally. This is more than my step-children's nirth mother does since she expects the 12yo to take responsibility for her 14yo brother (he has mild Asperger's) and do his chores etc as well as her own. I also behave the same towards the children's friends when they come round. It seems to work for us - the house is always full of kids.
It's not okay for ANY child to disrespect ANY adult. Sounds like mom %26amp; dad need to have a conversation with their kids about respect in general. You should probably be there for the conversation too.





My boyfriend and I had to have this conversation with his older son. He's been disrespecting his parents, me, his teachers...and it needs to stop.
I've been taught to respect everyone. No matter who they are.





However, with my step mother who treats myself and my sister like something she has trodden on it's hard to show respect but of course we do as we were brought up correctly. She of course loves her two children she has had with my father, but no way does she treat us all equally (which to an extent i agree as they are her blood children) but even though they get treated differently it is very hard to respect her when she goes over board when it comes to parenting, her smacking (spanking) gets way out of control, and some times i need to stand up to her to too make her see what she is doing!





She also has little digs at me and my sister..and who is she to treat us like that! So what she is married to my dad, doesn't mean she can treat us like crap. We get along sometimes... but others I have to stay out of her way to avoid the tension... we have never full on argued as my dad would go balistic on me (wonderful family I have lol) so to avoid a slip of the tounge I leave the room... which is especilaly hard when I dont want to leave my little sisters who are only 3 and 6 !





Any whoo.... :) lol.. of course they should respect anyone but that is not always possible.





They shouldnt show no respect to them just because they are the step-parent but neither should they deal with everything bad that is thrown at them. :]
No. Most of the people in life who tell you what to do aren't your own blood. Didn't your parent (own blood) tell you to do what step-parent says or at least to get along with him/her? I've never seen a child truly respect his parent while simultaneously disrespecting the step one.





Until that person hurts you or molests you or your parent, you need to give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of doing what they say. Also, doing what someone says in the short run, like sitting down for a particular meal, does not mean that you've given up all rights to disobey later. Perhaps your parent would like a little peace--give some by not being a jerk at every opportunity.
NO! It is never ok. The child should respect the adult no matter who it is?
No- your parent chose to love this person- and you need to quit being a little brat cause mommy and daddy aren't getting back together and that's not the new mommy or daddy's fault. Like it or not- this person deserves your respect- what are your other options- quit coming to see your parent?
I don't think it's okay for anyone to disrespect anyone. When my ex and/or I remarry, my kids won't ';get to'; disrespect their stepparents. And I'm not going to remarry a person who would disrespect my kids.





It's not because they're the ';steps';, it's because that's just not how you treat people.
no it's not, but with kids having divorce issues and anger, it happens.
no its not right to disrespect
No....They became blood once either your mom or dad married them. So you may feel like you shouldn't have to listen to them but once your biological parent's come home the consequence maybe worse then what step-mom or step-dad were going to do.
It's not okay for any child to disrespect anyone.


You have a lot of growing up to do. A step-parent isn't there to take the place of your real parent; however, step-parents do have authoritative positions.
I would say it depends on how long the step child has known the step parent and how well they get along together. If a step child has had a step parent for almost his/her entire life, there is no reason to disrespect.

No comments:

Post a Comment