Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you want to parent your children differently than you were parented?

I hated my Mother's parenting skills. She was virtually never home. She never cared or even knew who my friends were. As a result, I had friends that were a horrible influence and pressured me into disrespecting myself and drinking and having sex.





I wish I had a role-model to look up to or someone to teach me how to respect myself.





I suppose my difficult teenage years and the depression and regret it has caused will inspire me to be a great Mother when I have children someday.....





What will you do differently than your parents did?Do you want to parent your children differently than you were parented?
Some things not all. my mother was the opposite of yours and in retrospec it was great. I hated it at the time (allways wanting to know where I went who i was with, not being allowed to hang out with certain people etc) It kept me out of lots of trouble and i am better person. She is funny and loving and i think we have a good relationship. i want to take that and copy it


Now my dad was and is quiet doesn't hug or say I love you. I know a man thing especially of his generation. I want and am a different dad. I kiss all over my daughter daily and say how much i love her. Also I want my kids to trust me and come to me. I love my parents but was never able to go to them with issues. IDo you want to parent your children differently than you were parented?
Well when I was growing up my parents were gone a lot. They worked hard and when they were home they wanted their space. I remember going home a few times when I was around 16 and there was a note on the table with 20 dollars ';went to deadwood be back tomorrow sometime';. Don't get me wrong my parents were very loving and good parents, I just wanted them to be there more. I have changed this with my children by being a stay at home mom. Thankfully I am lucky enough to be able to do this. I can be there for every school party, every game, anytime they call and need me I am there. That makes me so happy.
I have taken the good that my parents taught me and I have weeded out the bad.








I don't verbally abuse my children like my dad did to us. I make sure to tell them how wonderful and amazing they are.





My mom always came up with creative ways to have fun with us as kids. I try to do the same, but find that my mom is a much more creative person than I am.





I am a little more strict, I try to teach them the morals my parents tried teaching me.





It's all about turning the bad into good.
Wow, what wouldn't I do different is the true question, but I think the most important is that I will be there for my kids and I will not make them scared to talk to me when they have a problem. I can say alot about the way I was raised and what my parents did wrong, but I have to admit that I learned alot. And if it weren't for their screw ups, I wouldn't be the person that I am today.
I would probably do just about everything differently! I certainly wouldn't use my kids as my confidants! A good book to read, when thinking about parenting, is called ';Parenting From The Inside Out';. It is about working through your own crap so you don't project it on your children.
i think almost everyone wants to parent there children differently....
make my kids have a more free life


not be so striked on them


being striked is a horiible horrible thing.
When I grow up, I'll treat my children like they are my precious. (%26lt;--- lord of the rings reference, right there)





I'm too young to really understand parenting, but I do know that I'll treat my children with care. I'll always be there for them (dream job for me is a writer, I can stay at home all day) and I'll talk to them whenever they need or want to talk to me.





I'll care about their school life, and what friends they have.





The only thing I'm scared about is the fact that they'll think that I coddle them too much. I'll probably smother them with hugs and kisses when they're young. I can't help it! I love kids, and my children will probably have to suffer with my over-loving throughout their lives. =)





I'd be more fair to my children, regardless of how old they are. My parents always treated my brother better because he was firstborn. Other than that, they were alright. I wish my mom was home more, but I know that she was out all day making money so that we could survive, so I forgive her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment