Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where can I find information about a parent who has died?

My father died in a car accident in 1994, and I am now looking for more information about him and about the accident. He is from India and I'm interested in more of his background and its difficult to do since we have no contact with his family from India. Please Help, it would be greatly appreciated!!!Where can I find information about a parent who has died?
Your comment about him being from India is confusing.. is India the location of the death? If he was FROM India, but died in the US (or UK), the details on the death itself would be where the event happened.


I know that yahoo has a section for India questions.. ';chat'; is supposedly not permitted (only actual questions/ replies), but that really would not prevent you from replying to a question, or asking a general question relating to forums or websites, where persons from India get together. If you can make a contact with someone, they can possibly tell you more about things like phone directories, so forth, where you may be able to locate your father's family.Where can I find information about a parent who has died?
I'd get a copy of his death certificate and using the date of death (plus a couple of days) write to the local newspaper at that place. Often an obituary will contain valuable family information.

No comments:

Post a Comment