Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you think that your parents or parent did a good job raising you?

Why or why not?Do you think that your parents or parent did a good job raising you?
I think they did a great job. They taught me how to do things for myself and deal with my own problems. They taught me how to be responsible and polite. They are truly the perfect parents.





Edit: Although once they wouldn't let me go see the Kids in the Hall when they toured because they thought it was inappropriate for my age even though I bought my own ticket. I'm still kind of bitter about that. :DDo you think that your parents or parent did a good job raising you?
My mom did a fantastic job, she let me choose my own path and encouraged me for whatever I did. One very important point was that she gave me the freedom to choose my own beliefs, she didn't force a religion onto me. For that, I am incredibly grateful.
My fondest childhood memory is my dad. He did excellent. He believed in me and let me know it. I could do anything I put my mind to, and if I didn't do as well as others he praised me for doing my best.





My mom, not so much
They did the best they could.





It is all any of us can ever do.
Only if you consider a stepmother telling you that you're not smart enough, pretty enough, and that everything you do is stupid. If you think that when you told the truth you were constantly called a liar and had a bar of soap rammed in your mouth and had ping pong paddles, yardsticks, hairbrushes, etc. broken over your butt for not living up to their expectations a good job, then I would say yes.





Instead, I learned how to put myself down, not to trust people, always compare myself to others and have to erase 15 years of ';tapes'; through 30 years of therapy. With my husband's help I have learned that I am pretty, I am smart, I do deserve the right to be happy and that I do know how to set my own limits and boundaries.





Words. So easily said and yet so painful. Once said, they can never be taken back. Words do more damage to a child than any spanking ever could. Because those words ruin a child and their innocence and their belief that their ';parents'; love them. A child believes what their parent tells them and the parent's reality becomes the child's reality.





Don't have children if you can't treat them like the precious gifts they are.
I think they did pretty well. They both taught me the importance of being responsible, working hard, being honest, and didn't screw me up emotionally. My mother is an inspirational person because despite being bedridden due to long suffering from MS she is still a very positive person, and is very caring. I only wish my father hadn't died so early in my life as I was very close to him.
No, my mother abandoned me and my father was an alcoholic. Still is actually. I raised myself.
Yeah. They taught me isolation and having to get through life by myself, while constantly hurling insults my way and saying I'm useless.





Great parents, they were. I learned to get by on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment