Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why is it that in public moms don't get criticized about the way they parent but on ?

the internet people are always criticizing? Is it because they can hide behind the computer or what do you think?Why is it that in public moms don't get criticized about the way they parent but on ?
I think you're absolutely right. On here there is a certain amount of anonymity, and folks think they can say whatever they want.





Forget the fact that its a tough job being a parent, and we can all use all the support we can get. Instead people tear each other down, not realizing the damage they have the potential to cause.








There is a difference between honest - trying to help advice, and criticism, and I appreciate the folks that are real.


Why is it that in public moms don't get criticized about the way they parent but on ?
YUP! It's easy to be mean when you can hide behind the computer screen. You have no accountability when you don't know and can't see the person.





Although I formula fed because I couldn't breastfeed and I have had many moms come up to me and ream me. I would be in tears! I had one nurse who I didn't know was a nurse cuz we were at the store and she went on saying I shouldn't even be a mommy and my kid should be taken away and this was to my face. She had NO clue that I have a serious illness that requires multiple meds and therefore couldn't breastfeed. I just didn't feel like justifying myself to a stranger. Now I wouldn't be in tears...I would just walk away but at the time, I had a newborn and was dealing with guilt. People are just down right cruel sometimes. Whether it be behind a computer or to you face. But the majority are mean when they can hide.
Its easier for people to say stuff about someone on the internet because you dont have to look at someone in the face and not get your *** kicked lol. Trust me, no self respecting mom would bash another moms parenting face to face, and only the ones that does it on the net, are for lack of better words-stupid. If someone told them what they are doing with their child is wrong, and they would get hurt, so why are they doing it to other people?
mothers are more criticised in public than any one else ...you just hear/read it more on the net ...I remember being told I was wrong if I smacked and wrong if I did not smack ,I was lazy for staying home and neglectful for working ,we mothers often can not get it right no matter what we do ...Mother in laws are big critics but so are other people in the street ...so the net is just empathizing what already happens.
My wife is no longer asking questions here for that reason, people are too quick to judge. It seems that we are in the presence of lots of perfect mothers on YA! Good luck to them I say, the rest of us aren't ashamed to admit we are new to this and don't always get it right. I thought the whole point of this forum was to ask questions and get answers, not be judged.
Because this is a board to chat with people about advice and opinions.......why in the world would someone go up to u on the streets randomly and critisize u..then they are just being nosy...if ure logged on...u are pretty much setting up ureself for this....but theres not gunna be people in the real world patrolling other moms....uggh
I HAVE been publicly criticized!! LOL this nutball woman yelled at me for nursing my daughter in public! %26lt;eye roll%26gt;





To answer you though, yes, people hide behind their computer. I am very outspoken both here AND in real life though, but I try not to be horribly rude to anyone! :)
because on here it's more like a discussion i guess. when people give me paretning advise like CIO i tell them i don't believe in that and it pretty much sums it up.
I worked in retail when I was a teenager and let me tell ya, when ever old ladies didn't like someones parenting skills they let them know! It's not very common, but people do criticize in public as well.
Why don't you ask yourself this question since you are a perfect example of hiding behind a computer criticizing
yes of course. Most people dont have the guts to say something to someones face. But on here it doesnt matter, because they're hiding.
I do believe that you also criticize. I've read some of your answers that are RUDE!





'; Those who don't matter will judge, those who do matter don't judge!';
Perhaps.
I am so with sunnie on this! She should get the 10 points, she's dead on.
Yes.
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment