Saturday, August 21, 2010

How many ER visits did you have as a first-time parent?

When my first child swallowed a penny, I took him to the ER.


When my second child swallowed a penny, I waited for it to pass.


When my third child swallowed a penny, I took it out of his allowance.How many ER visits did you have as a first-time parent?
LOL!! mines 7 months old and i've been there twice lol... your question is hilariousHow many ER visits did you have as a first-time parent?
LOL Oh I know that feeling. With my daughter, my first, I took her whenever the least little thing went wrong, now that I am on my third I am a lot more relaxed.





Had the penny thing happen with my first and second, my third isn't to the moving around on his own point yet but I am waiting for it.





With my daughter, she did have a rather big fright when she was around 7 going on 8. She decided to move some of her posters around on her walls and I had told her to wait till I could help her. She didn't and all the sudden I heard her scream. I ran into her room and she looked at me terrified. I asked her what was wrong, she said she had swallowed a tack. I asked her how. Apparently she had been holding it in hr mouth while she moved it to another point on her wall. She had slipped and swallowed it.





We rushed her to the hospital, afraid that the tack would puncture her digestive track. They took us right back and did an X-ray to see where it was. When they developed it, they brought it to us to see. It was just like something you would see on TV. There, perfectly shown, a push pin tack in her stomach. She pointed at it and went - Yup,.there it is, it is has a red top on it.





The doctor told us to just watch her for a couple of days and if it didn't pass they would remove it. Thankfully it passed without problem and her father asked for an wallet sized picture of the X-ray to carry in his wallet in case people didn't believe it.






LOL That is so true. As we get comfortable as parents we usually wait just a while longer.





My first was in the ER a lot due to asthma attacks, ear tubes and tonsils.





My second was extremely healthy.





My 3rd had surgery at 2 months of age and then was healthy till about a month ago at age 10. Now we've been in the ER 6x in a month, in the hospital 3 days and at countless doctors. *sigh* Can't wait till this is over.
LoL, my daughter swallowed a penny at 1 1/2 years old and my significant other took her to the emergency room. Several hundred dollars, and two x-rays later, she finally passed it. Now it is in her scrapbook, labeled as the ';world's most expensive penny.';
We've had 3 of them. the first one was a viable reason. my son had croup and his doc at the time wasn't being thorough so took him to the ER and they helped tremendously.


the second time was me not knowing.. my son had a pretty high fever.. nothing that needed to go to the hospital about but i didn't know it could affect his breathing when sleeping... so when he feel a sleep he started taking these big rapid breathes, defiantly out of the ordinary.


the third time was a disaster. when putting my sons ear drops in he moved and got in his eyes.. OMG!!! the worse thing i've ever been thru in my life.. i just got chills.. my poor son and the thought that i did it ripped at my heart.. they flushed his eye for a half a f**ckin hour with saline or whatever... i was a wreck.. he was screaming so bad and they were pullin at his eye.. OMG... thinking about it again i'm ready to cry... ughhh.. luckily he was fine.
Too cute, loved it. As for me with my son I was there quite a few times. He was always getting into things he wasn't suppose to. He still bears the scar from when he jumped hit the top of his head on a metal pole. Did the marble up the nose - that one was tough. But we have all survived. As for my daughter (second baby) only when she got older - tonsillitis.
HA HA HA, That was funny!





Um...my son went to the hospital cause he was very sick with a high temp...he was about 5 mo old,


When he was 1, he was hospitalized cause he was breathing hard and I took him to the Dr thinking it was just a cold again and the Dr rushed him to the hospital cause he thought he pneumonia...turned out it was his broncials and has had respitory problems ever since...he is on a nebulizer...not quite asthma...must might as well be...he's 4 now...





my 2nd is never sick, she is healthy as a horse
Lol. Cute story.





My daughter is 1 and we've taken her to the ER over ';nothing'; a few times. It is scary when you are a new parent. Now that she is older I am more relaxed and realize she isn't going to die from a papercut.
Haha!! That's cute!





So far as first time parents to an 8 month old little girl we have been to the E/R four times in 4 months! She has had Salmonella, pinkeye, and MRSA. I am hoping that we don't darken those e/r doors for a long long time to come!
LOL! I am with you on that one.





I have 2 children. When my oldest was a baby, we probably went to the ER 5-6 times (at least!) his first year. My youngest is 9 months old and we've only gone once.
that was hilarious. thanks for the laugh. as a parent of a 2 year old, we have had zero trips, but many close calls. we try not to freak out about anything.
haha thats funny.


I was living with my mother when I had my daughter so basically my mom was my ER. She stopped me whenever I had a ';Freakin out'; moment. I learned alot from my mother ( ssshhh.. don't tell her that! lol )
I have never been to the ER. Luckily my fiance's friend is an EMT. My daughter swallowed a foreign object ( we still don't know what it was) and he took care of it. Gotta know the right people.
~~LMAO...So Funny and SO TRUE!!!~~





But in my reality...I am NOT a Panicky Mother...I have had 4 kids and I can honestly say we only go to the ER when BLOOD IS SPURTING or a BONE IS STICKING OUT OF THEIR SKIN...
Plenty!!!!!!!! it's a 24/7 job. be safe with your children's.Good Luck
What is with your family and penny consumption? I am not a parent, I am a kid.
when your fourth child swallowed a penny you put him in a bank...especially in this economy. LOL
LOL......love it.





I think I was at the emergency room probably 5 times in the first 12 months.......I have learned a lot in that time!
2x


bladder infection


and cat bite
no pennies but we did go to the ER with 3 out of 4 kids
Once, she had a stomach virus and a high fever.
LOL That sounds about right!





But *knocks on wood* so far we haven't been to the ER, he's 2.
From birth until age 8, about 5 or 6 times
None
I've had 4, and he's not even here yet!
Seriously, all three of your kids swallowed a penny?

No comments:

Post a Comment